Subject: Re: Impact Materials needed
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 23:22:01 -0800

On Sun, 28 Jan 1996, Thomas Healy wrote:

> Been busy with school so I havent posted for a while.  Does anyone have or 
> know a a site that has some good Materials listings for Impact! ??  I'm doing
> a little sports show intro & I want to bounce some things like Baseballs, 
> Footballs, Bat's, Tennis Raquets, ect.  I've been messing around with the 
> materials settings in Impact! but not being a Physics expert they are not
> turning out so good.  Anyone have any kind of list or ideas?

I don't know of any materials listings yet...good idea though.  One 
important thing to remember about getting realistic results with Impact 
is to keep the Elasticity settings below 0.6...Dynamic Realities tells
me that Impact will give more realistic results if you equate the 0.6 
Elasticity setting with something that is very bouncy/rubbery.

Also, if you set Roughness to 0.0 your objects will slide in a very 
unrealistic manner (unless you're simulating icy conditions!) so you 
should always use a decent amount of Roughness.  A setting of 0.4 has 
given me some decent results.

                                     -David Warner
                                      [email-masked]
                                      http://www.albany.net/~dwarner